Sunday, March 9, 2008

I'll See You Later Joe...

I lost an hour of sleep today. It's Daylight Savings Time (DST) and we have to move our clock one hour ahead. I really don't mind because what this means is that sun will still be up when I get home from work which will allow me to spend more time outside with my kids.

I started Sunday the usual way, having breakfast with my family in Safeway. Weiwei, Cheryl and I share a panini sandwich for breakfast while Abby enjoys a doughnut. I have coffee with Weiwei and the 2 kids share a hot chocolate. Then after that they drop me off at church because I have rehearsals for the Sunday worship set.

The service started and we did the worship set. At the end of the set, I talked to Joe our interim worship leader and I found out that today is his last day as the worship leader. The church has found somebody who might be a good candidate as a full time worship and creative arts pastor.

I always feel a sense of sadness when someone leaves especially when it's someone that you have been working with for quite some time. Joe has been our interim worship leader for more than a year now and I really really enjoyed playing with him. I also got to know his wife Jenny and his 2 beautiful kids. I am going to miss them a lot. I know that God has something special for them outside of Fair Oaks Church and I will forever treasure the friendship that I have established with them.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I was so disappointed to hear the news about Joe without us as a church family being able to personally thank him for all the time he's blessed us leading worship. It's a bit of a pet peeve of mine, when members of your church family just disappear... sigh... I hope Joe knows he was loved and appreciated by many.