Saturday, May 9, 2009

Father and Daughter Day

Cheryl and I went to the Father and Daughter Day event at Fair Oaks Church today. This is the 3rd year in a row and we had a lot of fun. Unfortunately, this time around we couldn't stay until the end of the event because I had to go to the bank and send money to my mom in the Philippines. Cheryl is a bit bummed out about it but she understands that my mom depends on me for financial support. Weiwei and Abby were around as well to watch the event.

We had a lot of fun with the different activities. There were 2 events that we did for the first time because Cheryl has moved on to the upper group. But we still did her favorite event which is the drip drop. This is where the dad has to lie down on a cot holding a cup over his forehead. Then the daughter stand on a balcony holding a pitcher of water right above where the dad is lying. The goal is for the daughter to fill the cup with water as fast as she can. Last year, I almost drowned because water was just pouring hard on my face and going in to my nose. This time around, I was smarter. I held a tarp over my face and it went better. Cheryl also did well this time around. She's more methodical now unlike last year where she just keeps pouring and pouring. I guess she was doing it intentionally because it was fun for her.

We are looking forward to next year. And I promised Cheryl that I will clear my schedule so we can stay until the end of the event. And also, no mommy and Abby around. Just me and her.

No comments: