Wednesday, January 2, 2008

My Drum Lessons DVD has arrived

I am so excited because I got the drum lessons DVD that I have ordered. I felt like I have plateaued (hope I got that right) with my drum skills and I have been wanting to go for advance face-to-face lessons. I have looked around but unfortunately, lessons cost quite a lot. It's funny because when we look for music instrument lessons for Cheryl, the first thing that we focus on is the quality of the lessons then the cost. But for us oldies, we immediately focus on the cost before the quality. I wonder why is that? I'm thinking maybe because the old adage "You can't teach old dogs new tricks" plays in my subliminal mind so I immediately think it's a waste of money. But with my kids, I know that they are at the stage where they can really get the full benefit from lessons because they are still young and my thinking is more of an investment for their future. Right or wrong, I just think at my age, it's not worth investing anymore.....

Anyway, I cannot wait to plug that drums lessons dvd in and start working on my chops. I think this option is better since I have full control on when to practice and it's a one shot payment. Plus the fact that if I'm not happy with the product, I can always return it without any questions asked.

One more thing, I have made a commitment to start working out again. As in, really stick to it. I did it before and I know I can do it again. And hopefully this time around it'll be for good. I managed to stay fit for almost 4 years. But when my youngest arrived, I just found it harder and harder to stick to my exercise routine until I finally went back to my old ways.

No comments: