Saturday, January 26, 2008

Reconnecting with Friends... In Progress...

I got a very pleasant surprise yesterday!! I got an email from a high school classmate. I was so excited to see it. It's really an answered prayer!!!

If you have been following my blog, I stated that one of the things that I want to do this year is to reconnect with old friends. I don't mean "old" literally although in some cases this might be true. Anyway, I have decided to put in an extra effort this year to find people that I haven't really stayed in touch with.

I have been thinking of ways to get this "new year resolution" going. I don't have any problems staying in touch with my college buddies because we have a yahoo group where I get to read what's going on with everybody and tell them what's going on with me. These friends of mine are all over the world like Singapore, New Zealand, US, Hongkong to name a few. And I also finally started contacting my friends in Canada.

But, I am having difficulty finding people that I know before my college days. So you can imagine how excited I got when I received this email. It was FANTASTIC!! I am a member of a networking group for professional called Linkedin. And this is where my high school friend managed to find me. She requested to be connected to me and that was it.

I was so happy that I started talking to my wife about things that went on during that stage in my life. My mind was instantly flooded with memories, both good and bad. At least I can say, I still have a good memory. One thing I struggle with though is trying to connect names with faces. It has been a long time since I last saw my high school friends and I have to admit that I can't remember their faces anymore. And they would probably look a lot different now after 23 years. Man!! TWENTY-THREE years!!! That is a LOOOONG TIME!! So I hope you can understand why this is such a big deal for me.

Anyway, I accepted her request and I asked her if she has contact information of our other friends. I am really hoping that she has stayed in touch with some of them if not all because that would be really great. I can't wait for her reply.

Oh ... just some info in case somebody from my past accidentally stumbles on this blog.
  • Graduated college batch '92 - UST in Manila, Philippines - BS Mathematics, major in Computer Science
  • Graduated high school batch '85 - FEU in Manila, Philippines
  • Graduated elementary batch '81 - FEU in Manila, Philippines

No comments: