Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

It's the start of 2008 and I reflect on the past just like what I usually do at the start of every year. And as always, I marveled at the plentiful blessings that we have received in 2007. I am just humbled at what the Lord has provided to our family.

We lost 2 loved ones in 2007. I lost my dad in June and my mother-in-law in November. Two losses that we expected to happen in 2007. But in spite of the preparations for it, it wasn't easy. I had a really hard time dealing with my loss since I wasn't able to go back to the Philippines and spend time with my dad in his dying moments. Until now, there is a lingering sense of non-closure but it's getting better. My wife managed to go back home to Singapore and spend time with her mom in the hospital before she later on slipped into a coma and finally passed away. We both miss my dad and my mother-in-law so much specially during this past Christmas season. Christmas is my dad's favorite time of the year because in the Philippines, this is the time when our family gets to see each other in one gathering.

So what do I think of 2008?
1. It will be a time of healing for me and my wife.
2. It will be a time of rejoicing for we know that wonderful blessings are just around the corner
3. It will be a time of reconnecting with old friends and connecting with new ones
4. It will be a time of change

To anybody reading this post, I wish you a Blessed New Year!!!

No comments: